Skip to content

Water Quality

Consumer Confidence Report

(aka Water Quality Report)

Community water systems are required by the Environmental Protection Agency to provide their customers with an annual Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) also known as a Water Quality Report. This report informs consumers of what contaminants have been detected in their drinking water and how these detection levels compare to drinking water standards. The report must clearly identify any data indicating violations of health-based standards. The indication of a violation must include language about the potential health effects from consuming water with contaminants at levels above the national standards. The CCR for the BuncombePWD will also contain information related to the Carbondale Water District as they are Buncombe’s primary water source. For a copy of the 2023 Consumer Confidence Report click download.

Lead Service Line Inventory

Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has issued a new requirement that all public water districts publish information about service line material of public and private service line materials. Click the download to review all service line materials throughout the district

Additional Resources


Illinois EPA – Drinking Water Watch

Drinking Water Watch provides online information on the quality of water produced by community water supplies in Illinois. From this site you can review IEPA information related to all water districts in the state of Illinois.

For the Buncombe Water District, refer to Water System No. IL0775420

For the Carbondale Water District, refer to Water System No. IL0770150

JULIE – The Illinois One-Call System


Call 811 or 800-892-0123

CALL BEFORE YOU DIG! Protect yourself and your family, both physically and financially. State law requires the person who will actually be doing the digging to notify JULIE at least two business days (excluding weekends and holidays) before any digging project regardless of the project size or depth. Even if you are digging in the same area as a previous project, call JULIE. This is a free service.

Call the numbers referenced above or go to

to submit a request online or to find out more information about the JULIE service.