BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
DECEMBER 11, 2018
MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 13, 2018
1. Chairman Robert Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey, Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Absent was Treasurer Mike Williamsen.
2. The professional in attendance was Mr. Mike Twomey, District Legal Counsel. Visitors in attendance were District customers Mrs. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
3. The Board reviewed the minutes of the October 9, 2018, regular meeting. A motion was made by Ms. Brierton to accept the minutes; seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
4. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was addressed earlier in the meeting due to time restraints of the Water Supply Operator. Mr. Lada began by reviewing the details of his report indicating no discrepancies. At this time, the WSO also addressed a customer water leak at Meter #4-2030, which was confirmed by a recent profile of the water meter. Discussion followed regarding procedures related to meter testing and change-outs due to customer leaks. A related ordinance was briefly discussed with no action taken at this time.
A customer’s request to enter into a Water Service Cut Off Agreement for Meter #5-5100 was presented to the Board. Details of the request were discussed with no objections, and the appropriate documents were executed by the Chairman.
5. No communications were available for presentation for the month of November.
6. Under the order of New Business, insurance renewal information from ICRMT for 2019 had not yet been received for review.
The Board Meetings Schedule for 2019, prepared in compliance with the Open Meetings Act, was presented and reviewed. A motion was made by Ms. Anderson to approve the 2019 Meetings Schedule as presented; seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
Next, the proposed District operating budget for 2019 was presented for review. The District Secretary offered explanation for line item modifications, and suggestions were offered by Members of the Board. Also, offered for consideration were rate increase scenarios. Discussion ensued; however, no motion was made at this time.
7. There was no new or additional information presented at this time related to website design. Correspondence from CDS Office Technologies was presented related to its merger with Tech Guy Consulting. The information was reviewed and discussed with no action taken.
8. No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
9. Financials for September 2018 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
10. The Secretary/Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for November 2018 were presented and discussed. Also presented was an unpaid invoice related to the water main repair at the Village Pavilion in July of this year. The item was discussed and tabled until the following month’s Meeting of the Board. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the Secretary and Treasurer’s Report as presented, and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
11. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed previously in the meeting.
12. No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
13. There was no move for an executive session.
14. There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini, and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed