BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
AUGUST 13, 2019
MINUTES OF JULY 9, 2019
1. Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey; Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, and Pat Brierton. Absent was Trustee Joseph Burrow and Water Supply Operator Ron Lada.
2. The professionals in attendance were Mr. Mike Twomey and Mr. Joe Boyke; and the visitors in attendance was District customer Mr. Greg Dunn.
3. The Board reviewed the minutes of the June 11, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Ms. Brierton to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Anderson and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
4. No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
5. No communications were available for presentation at this time.
6. No new business was discussed at this time.
7. Mr. Joe Boyke opened with information related to the Illinois EPA Public Water Supply Loan Program. First discussed was the potential of debt forgiveness, followed by District obligations and ordinance requirements. Engineering fees were also addressed. Mr. Boyke reviewed the timeline of the process as well as deadlines. After related discussion, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton for Clarida Ziegler Engineering to proceed with the IEPA Loan project. The motion was seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
Mr. Mike Twomey began by addressing the legal status between the Water District and the Village of Makanda related to the Pavilion Repairs. Mr. Twomey indicated their acceptance of the terms proposed in the recent letter submitted by the Water District Board; and he follow-up with an estimation of when payment would be received.
8. No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
9. Financials for May 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
10. The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for July 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Ms. Brewer to accept the reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
11. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies.
12. No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
13. There was no move for an executive session; however, at this time the District Secretary was temporarily dismissed from the meeting. After discussion among the Board, a motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to increase the hourly rate of the District Secretary by fifty cents; seconded by Ms. Anderson and with (4) yes votes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
14. There being no further business, a motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.