BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
MAY 14, 2019
MINUTES OF APRIL 9, 2019
- Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey; Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow.
- The professional in attendance was Mr. Mike Twomey, District Legal Counsel, and the visitors in attendance were District customers Mrs. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
- The Board reviewed the minutes of the March 12, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Anderson and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
- No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
- No communications were available for presentation at this time.
- No topics of new business were presented for discussion.
- On the order of old business, Mr. Twomey opened by presenting the contract with R.B. Bush Contracting to the Chairman for signature and to be attested by the District Secretary.
- Mr. Twomey continued by presenting the Board with copies of his recent letter to Protek Communications related to the antenna contract, followed by a letter to Atty. Web Smith concerning the Village of Makanda repairs at the pavilion. Discussion followed with no motion required at this time.
- Related to preparation of the new District Website, the District Secretary explained the accomplishments to date. Brief discussion followed.
- No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
- Financials for February 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
- The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for April 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Ms. Brewer to accept the reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. Discussion followed related water loss.
- No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
- There was no move for an executive session.
- There being no further business, a motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.