BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
APRIL 9, 2019
MINUTES OF MARCH 12, 2019
- Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Absent was Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini.
- The professionals in attendance was Mr. Mike Twomey, District Legal Counsel, and the visitors in attendance were District customers Mrs. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
- The Board reviewed the minutes of the February 12, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Ms. Brierton to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
- No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
- No communications were available for presentation at this time.
- Statement of Economic Interest forms for 2019 were completed by the Jackson County appointment Trustees who were present at the meeting. The forms were returned to the District Secretary for submission to the County Board Office.
- On the order of old business, the District Secretary opened by presenting the Board with informational comparison highlighting the pros and cons of two companies being considered to design the new Water District website. After related discussion and deliberation, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to contract with Cambridge Technologies for the design and implementation of the new District website. Seconded by Ms. Anderson and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- Mr. Twomey began by discussing the status of the proposed contract with R.B Bush Contracting Company, after which Chairman Hughey indicated he would meet with Brian Bush in person within the upcoming week to finalize the terms of the document.
- Mr. Twomey continued by opening a discussion related to a proposed contract with ProTek Communications for leased antenna space atop the water tower. Terms of the contract were discussed with no action taken at this time. Conversation then turned to the topic of receiving IT services from ProTek for moneys owed by Tech Guys Consulting in lieu of taking legal action.
- No new information was available related to legal concerns with the Village of Makanda.
- No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
- Financials for January 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
- The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for March 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept these reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. Discussion followed related to a recently repaired service line break on Old US Highway 51 South, just north of Misty Meadows Lane.
- No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
- There was no move for an executive session.
- There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (4) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.