BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
MARCH 12, 2019
MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 12, 2019
- Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey; Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Absent was Water Supply Operator Ron Lada.
- The professionals in attendance was Mr. Mike Twomey, District Legal Counsel, and the visitors in attendance were District customers Mrs. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
- The Board reviewed the minutes of the January 8, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Ms. Anderson to accept the minutes; seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
- No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
- No communications were available for presentation at this time.
- No new business was presented at this time.
- On the order of old business, Mr. Twomey opened by reviewing recently released letters to both Tech Guys Consulting and ProTek Communications. Discussion followed related to the content of each letter.
- Also discussed was the proposed contract with R.B. Bush Construction. Terms and conditions were reviewed and amendments were made. A motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to enter into a contract with R.B. Bush Construction as discussed. Seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- No new information was available related to legal concerns with the Village of Makanda.
- Next the District Secretary informed the Board of recent communications with both Cambridge Technologies and ProTek Communications related to efforts in acquiring a new Website designer. No action was taken at this time.
- No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
- Financials for December 2018 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
- The Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for February 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to accept these reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. Discussion followed related to a recently repaired service line break on Springer Ridge Road.
- No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
- There was no move for an executive session.
- There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.