BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
FEBRUARY 12, 2019
MINUTES OF JANUARY 8, 2019
- Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Chairman Robert Hughey; Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow.
- Professionals in attendance were Mr. Mike Twomey, District Legal Counsel, and Mr. Steve Shafer of Double Eagle Software. Visitors in attendance were District customers Mrs. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
- The Board reviewed the minutes of the December 11, 2018, regular meeting. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
- Mr. Steve Shafer began by distributing information related to cloud back-up and storage as provided by Double Eagle Software. Mr. Shafer opened by explaining the benefits of this service for the Water District and how it can be utilized for the management and protection of computer files. After related conversation, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to purchase the Double Eagle Software Cloud Back-up system as presented; seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- A communication from the Greater Egypt Assembly was presented, reviewed, and briefly discussion. No action was required.
- No new business was presented at this time.
- The first item discussed under the order of old business was the proposed 2019 District Budget and a proposed rate increase. After focused deliberation and consideration, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to increase the flat rate for 1-1,000 gallons to $30.55 and the rate for 1,000 gallons and above to $24.45/1,000 prorated, as discussed. The motion was seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
At this time no new information was available for discussion related to ProTek Communications, BPWD vs. Village of Makanda, nor the status of the District Website.
- No new information was available regarding the Carbondale Water District.
- Financials for November 2018 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
- The Secretary/Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for January 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Vice Chairman Jacobini to accept these reports as presented, and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
- The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. Discussion followed related to a recently repaired service line break on Springer Ridge Road.
- No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
- There was no move for an executive session.
- There being no further business, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Brewer, and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.