BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
DECEMBER 10, 2019
MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 12, 2019
1. Chairman Hughey called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Absent was Treasurer Mike Williamsen
2. The professional in attendance at the meeting was Mr. Mike Twomey; as were District customers Ms. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
3. The Board reviewed the minutes of the October 8, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Ms. Anderson to accept the minutes; seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
4. A request was presented from the Village of Makanda for repairs to a curb on Baptist Hill Road in the Village, which was damaged during a water main repair earlier in the year. The issue was discussed by the Board, and the Water Supply Operator was instructed to make repairs as discussed.
5. A communication presented at this time was a letter from the Corps of Engineers pertaining to requirements of the IEPA Public Water Supply Loan Program. The document was reviewed by the Board and followed by a brief discussion. No action was taken at this time.
6. On the order of new business, ICRMT Insurance Renewal information was presented to the Board for review and approval. After related discussion, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to renew the District’s insurance for the upcoming year with ICRMT as presented. Seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
7. Related to the topic of this District’s participation in the IEPA Public Water Supply Loan Program, the Board reviewed an e-mail from Mr. Joe Boyke, which reported the current status of the project. Discussion followed and no action was required.
Also discussed at this time was the installation of meters at designated areas within the District to aid in water leak detection. It was reconfirmed in conversation to begin immediately with the first installation to serve as leak oversight for Reading Route #4 beginning at PT Travel south to the end of water main. Also noted was that the contractor has been instructed to begin in the upcoming week.
8. Regarding the Carbondale Water District, no new information was presented at this time.
9. Financials for September 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
10. The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for November 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
11. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. The report was followed by discussion related to a recent leak at Meter #2-5210 in the golf course. It was recommended by Mr. Lada that a manual inspection of all customer water meters be made in the upcoming future to detect similar issues like that of the golf course meter leak.
12. No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
13. There was no move for an executive session.
14. There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.