BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
NOVEMBER 12, 2019
MINUTES OF OCTOBER 8, 2019
1. In the temporary absence of the Chairman, Vice Chairman Jacobini called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Chairman Robert Hughey arrived shortly after the meeting was called to order.
2. There were no professionals attending the meeting; and the visitors in attendance were District customers Ms. Lucille Burrow and Mr. Greg Dunn.
3. The Board reviewed the minutes of the September 10, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
4. No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
5. No items of communication were presented at this time.
6. On the order of new business, no topics were presented for discussion.
7. Related to the topic of this District’s participation in the IEPA Public Water Supply Loan Program, the Board reviewed an e-mail from Mr. Joe Boyke related to the status. No action was required.
In the absence of Mr. Mike Twomey, no legal issues were addressed.
Brief discussion followed related to the installation of strategically placed water meters for the purpose of Leak Detection. A motion was made by Ms. Brierton to move forward with the installation of the first meter in the area as discussed. The motion was seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
8. Regarding the Carbondale Water District, no new information was presented at this time.
9. Financials for August 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
10. The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for October 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Ms. Brewer to accept the reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Mr. Burrow and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
11. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies. The report was followed by discussion related to a recent repair on Oak Grove Road and water loss during hydrant flushing. Also, discussed were alternate methods to locate water leaks.
12. No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
13. There was no move for an executive session.
14. There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.