BUNCOMBE PUBLIC WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
OCTOBER 8, 2019
MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
1. In the temporary absence of the Chairman, Vice Chairman Jacobini called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. A roll call was taken and present were: Vice Chairman Robert Jacobini; Treasurer Mike Williamsen; Water Supply Operator Ron Lada; District Secretary Karen Dunn; and Trustees Jenny Anderson, Grace Brewer, Pat Brierton, and Joseph Burrow. Chairman Robert Hughey arrived shortly after the meeting was called to order.
2. The professionals in attendance were Mr. Mike Twomey and Mr. Joe Boyke; and the visitors in attendance was District customer Mr. Greg Dunn.
3. The Board reviewed the minutes of the August 13, 2019, regular meeting. A motion was made by Mr. Burrow to accept the minutes; seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the minutes were approved.
4. No visitor or customer issues were presented or addressed at this time.
5. No items of communication were presented at this time.
6. On the order of new business, no topics were presented for discussion.
7. Mr. Mike Twomey began by reviewing the status of an easement pertaining to the new water line replacement on the hill behind the Makanda Post Office. Specific requests of the customer(s) were detailed, which are incorporated with the agreement. No further action was required.
Upon Chairman Hughey’s arrival, Mr. Joe Boyke opened by reporting the status of the District’s application to the IEPA for project funding. Changes to rules related to Engineering fees were discussed, as well as loan interest rates and loan forgiveness percentages. As discussed, a motion was made by Ms. Brierton to appoint Chairman Robert Hughey as signatory on the Construction Permit Application with the IEPA; seconded by Vice Chairman Jacobini and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
8. Regarding the Carbondale Water District, no new information was presented at this time.
9. Financials for July 2019 were presented and reviewed with brief discussion.
10. The District Secretary and Treasurer’s Report and the Accounts Payable Report for September 2019 were presented and discussed. A motion was made by Ms. Brierton to accept the reports as presented and to pay the bills. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brewer and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried. Next a motion was made by Ms. Brewer to transfer funds in the amount of $2,505.29 from the Repairs Account to the Operations Account to fund District repairs. The motion was seconded by Ms. Brierton and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the motion carried.
11. The Water Supply Operator’s Report was reviewed with no discrepancies.
12. No additional public comments or questions were presented at this time.
13. There was no move for an executive session.
14. There being no further business, a motion was made by Mr. Burrow to adjourn, seconded by Ms. Anderson and with (5) yes and (0) no votes, the meeting closed.